Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's been a while.. Again... and Again!

I haven't posted anything new here in ages. Suffice it to say many a loads have been done since my last post, as well as a company change, being off the road, and now getting back on the road... only this time without the truck!

Circumstances in my life have lead me to do something new and different, I am going to go hitching! Yeah that's right, Hitchhiking! Not sure what to expect, but I surmise adventure, ups, downs, and a lot of learning about myself along the way.

I have no real destination set... at least not yet, though I do have a few places to stop in mind. Obviously leading a life of hitchhiking is quite the departure from any life of luxury, but then again I am not that materialistic. I do firmly believe in a simple life, even though I love technology, but I think the two can coincide.

I look back at the life of the hippies, and gypsies, and my own life of traveling the country in a rig, and to me no life is better then one where you are always somewhere new, and experiencing something different. I know many people are calling me crazy, or stupid, or suicidal, but I don't see it that way. I see this country as a beautiful place, full of wonderful and amazing people. I haven't lived in the box for a long time, and I don't plan to start doing so any time soon.

I am starting off on a shoestring, or lack thereof, I have $0, not even a penny... well on second look at my bag I do have my 2 cents! I am rather lacking in some seriously needed equipment, such as a good winter coat, a sleeping bag, a flashlight, a small and light tent, etc. Hopefully I will be able to procure these things quickly along the way, it's cold here in PA!

I will be starting my Journey today in Bloomsburg, PA, at the Travel Centers of America truck stop. With the snow storm coming in, I will probably get stuck there for a day or two, but maybe I will get lucky and find a way out rather quick. From there I am going to try to head west, or south. My first goal in mind is Indiana, to see a buddy of mine.

Keep an eye, I will post as often as I can here to the blog to keep everyone up to date! For right now I do not have a camera, so pictures will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment